At last – we’ve found it! Our own Little Red House. This is our idea of bliss and we can’t wait to share it with you.
- Great for hill-walking in the summer and skiing/snow-shoeing in the winter – from the door.
- Right on the beach, with its own little boat- perfect for a spot of fishing, paddling…
- Fabulous wildlife spotting, without even leaving the house! Already we’ve seen sea-eagles, whales, porpoise, otter, hundreds of eider ducks and loads more..
- Stunning views towards the Lyngen Alps.
- Only 1 hour from Tromso by bus (or you can drive or cycle).
For all the details see www.littleredhouse.co.uk
And here are some more lovely spots in northernmost Norway…
Beside a fast-flowing mountain stream amonst beautiful birch woods, the Ongajok mountain farm is a vision of Arctic serenity, only 30 minutes from the centre of Alta, in Arctic Norway. Espen & Line live here with their two children and are the ideal hosts. In the summer is it smothered in Arctic flowers and the grass is green on the roofs; ideal for hiking, horse-riding and fishing. Winter transforms it into a snowy paradise for cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, tobogganing or dog-sledge adventures. In the evenings, relax in the sauna or enjoy the wood-fired hot tub under the northern lights!
ARCTIC GUEST HOUSE at the TOP OF NORWAY with Aase and Trygg
For connoisseurs of wild places! In the lee of a rocky bluff, sheltered from the winds that blow off the Barents Sea – this is beautifully remote spot. A perfect base for walking and bird-watching or beach-combing for ‘treasure’. Aase grew up here and her childhood sounds like a fairy-tale… secured with a rope as she climbed the steep bird cliffs to collect eggs and walked with her grandfather in the mountains to find berries and game.
LUXURY FJORD-SIDE LODGE in ARCTIC NORWAY
See Orcas, Eagles and fabulous sunsets. Snow-shoeing, dog-sledging, winter hikes, skiing, gourmet meals and a hot tub under the northern lights.