POLAR BEARS IN THE WILD with the Mike and Jeanne Reimer
Every autumn hundreds of polar bears congregate on the shores of Hudson Bay, waiting for the winter sea-ice to form. Join the Reimer Family at their wilderness eco-lodge, well away from the bustle and artificial lights of town. Here you can enjoy the wilderness at nature’s pace – with the best chances of seeing dazzling northern lights too!
- Superb wilderness lodge, see bears on foot or from the lodge.
- Walks in the tundra to appreciate the Arctic silence (motorised transport is kept to an absolute minimum).
- Trek with naturalist guides to look for bears, caribou, wolves, moose and Arctic foxes.
- Cosy lodge with delicious home-cooked meals and cosy fireplace.
- Excursion by Tundra Buggy®, chartered exclusively for the Reimer’s guests.
We’re pretty certain that it is the Ultimate Polar Bear Holiday (and we’ve looked at loads)! Plenty of companies offer polar bear watching from Churchill town; tours with Tundra Buggies; expert naturalist guides and even a mobile ‘polar bear lodge’ on the beach but nobody else we know can take you to see bears in the wilderness – away from the bright lights on the bears on terms – it is incredibly special.